Bachelor of Business studies (Tribhuvan University)
Bachelor of Business studies is the four year degree program conducted by Tribhuvan University, faculty of Management. It is annual exam based program. The main objective of BBS is to develop students into dynamic managers having ability to handle responsibility in every sector. The course was designed by considering the fact that graduates will have to live in very challenging and competitive environment then onwards. Therefore, through this course the students will have an opportunity to understand the knowledge of practical and reality based skills required to organize and manage the organizations of any form. The program will have specialization in General Management, Marketing Management, Finance Accountancy, and Management Science.
Bachelor of Social Work (Tribhuvan University)
BSW which is known as Bachelor of Social work is a 3 year annual program of Tribhuvan University. It was first initiated by St. Xavier’s college in Nepal in academic fraternity. Social work education is a holistic approach of providing knowledge base required for practice through theoretical approach, skills development and learning through simultaneous field work and embedding important ethical values through exposure, super vision and continuous self reflection. Social work education helps to change the individual’s personality and can be beneficial to develop positive attitude towards the work. Social work is mainly concerned with changing the life of people. Social workers can be agent of change for the people who are strongly in the need of protection, care and guidance. They can assist people in solving their day to day problem and also actively work for the rights of children, women, youth, etc. This is one of the most growing fields in Nepal and anyone willing to choose careers in this field will be benefitted.
- Provide broader knowledge related to human nature and society and also expertise in administrative work.
- Demonstrate necessary knowledge and ideas related to understanding of the social policy and develop necessary skills needed to analyze, formulate and change existing social policy.
- Demonstrate the value base of profession guided by certain work ethics and moral standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate the field visit experiences that covers wide range of opportunities like applying knowledge, skills, and values vital for social work practice, using supervision and consultant appropriate for work, etc.
- Gain Expertise in the six field of social work like advocacy, broker, change agent, counselor, mediator and researcher.
Bachelor of Computer Application (Tribhuvan University)
Tribhuvan University has launched Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) program from the academic year 2074/75. In the first phase, this program was launched in six (6) constituent campuses of Tribhuvan University and are allocated 35 seats each.
Currently 120 colleges are running BCA program with the affiliation from Tribhuvan University. The BCA program of TU is of 4 years. The program runs on semester-system. It will be run under the faculties of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- To produce professionals in the field of computer application as programmer and software developers.
- To provide knowledge about various tools and techniques used in software development.
- To provide students with both practical and theoretical aspect of studies related to computer applications.
- To enhance the skill of students to create solutions of technical problems that arises in industrial, commercial as well as in government companies.
- To provide students a fine base to continue their studies further in MIT, MBA, MCA, etc.