Bachelor of Social Work (Tribhuvan University)
The college has been running the programs of Humanities and Social Sciences including the streamline courses like Social Work, Rural Development, Mass Communication, Psychology and Major English to develop the Human Resource required to enhance and promote the overall perspectives of the nation. Presentation, Field Work, Internship, Workshops and Seminars on various dimensions of the societies are really fruitful for the multidimensional development of the students.
- Admission Requirements
- Eligibility Requirements
- Provide broader knowledge related to human nature and society and also expertise in administrative work.
- Demonstrate necessary knowledge and ideas related to understanding of the social policy and develop necessary skills needed to analyze, formulate and change existing social policy.
- Demonstrate the value base of profession guided by certain work ethics and moral standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate the field visit experiences that covers wide range of opportunities like applying knowledge, skills, and values vital for social work practice, using supervision and consultant appropriate for work, etc.
- Gain Expertise in the six field of social work like advocacy, broker, change agent, counselor, mediator and researcher.
- Students willing to apply for BBS program must have successfully completed the plus two(10+2) in business/ commerce or an equivalent course from a HSEB (Higher Secondary School Board) or from Tribhuvan University(TU) or from other University or Board recognized by T.U
- Students from other faculty like Science and Arts, in order to join BBS must have studied mathematics or economics as a full paper at the intermediate level (10+2) program.
- Student must have studied full paper of English at the plus two level or equivalent program.
- As prescribed by the Faculty Board or campus concerned, student must have secured the minimum marks at their intermediate level. Generally, there are no such tough criteria for getting enrolled in BBS program especially in Government Colleges.
- Students should fulfill all criteria as required by the entry college.
- Some colleges even take entrance exam and the students are chosen according to merit basis.
- The candidates interested in applying for a Social work are as follows:
- +2 (intermediate) or equivalent level of education from any board/ institutions / universities recognized by TU.
- Students from any stream can apply for this. But he/ she should have got at least 45% in the intermediate level.